Friday, May 14, 2010

Open Love Letter


(On May 14,2005 at 8:00pm. in beautiful Brazil, I married my best friend.)

Dear You,

I can't believe it's already been 5 years since our "I Dos". It feels like it was just yesterday I was anxiously getting beautified while you were getting a massage and drinking by the pool side. You told me this morning that we have reached a milestone. Since that day, we have reached many. We have accomplished so much in these 5 years. We have reached 2 amazing, beautiful milestones along the way, their names being, Lyla & Kalina.
Everyday that I wake up, I thank God for all that is around me. I have to stop and really wonder why and how did I get so lucky to be blessed with such an amazing, little family. Never did I think that I would have one of my own. I never thought I would find what most people call, "THE ONE". I honestly believed that there are billions of people on this Earth and it was so stupid to think that there was only ONE out there for me. ONE that would make me sooo happy. ONE that would be my everything. ONE that I could spend the rest of my life with. I used to think that there were at least a couple thousands that would make me happy. ;o)
Well, let's just say my theory fell through when I fell in love with you. I never thought I would find the perfect person for me. When I was younger, I sat down and listed everything that my "perfect" one would have. It took me 2 days to run out of things to list. When I met you, you slowly started checking off my list without even knowing. I never thought I would find someone who bought me roses just because it was Tuesday. Or someone who would open my car door or all doors for that matter. Or someone who tells me they love me EVERY time they walk out of the room. Or someone who's not afraid to hold my hand. Or someone who, when I look my worst because I've been in labor for 10 hours (Lyla), still finds me beautiful. Or someone, when I've been nothing but screaming and saying mean things to them because I'm 9cm and still no epidural (Kalina), still finds the sweetest things to say and make me feel better. Or someone who supports me NO MATTER WHAT. Or someone who shares the same goals, beliefs and big heart as I do. Or someone who would give me 2 beautiful babies. Or someone who puts their family first at all times.
I could sit here and go on and on bragging about your great qualities, but like I said before, I would be writing for 2 days. I just wanted to write and let you know how much fun it's been so far. We've had a great journey together these past years. It's been quite a ride with lots of ups and downs. I'm looking forward to many, many more years with you by my side. Thank you for always being there when I needed you most. Thank you for loving me for me, no questions asked. Thank you for always believing in us. Thank you for being you.
I know I'm tough, stubborn, hard-headed, nagging and big pain in the butt at times or should I say a lot of times? LOL But, I know how much you love me because you show me everyday. Couldn't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to be married to me on a daily basis, but hey whatever, it's your call! Thanks for always being an amazing husband and loving father. You make me fall in love with you every single day.

Like the words from our wedding song:

"I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you."

Happy 5th Wedding Anniversary!

Love Always,
Me

Cheers my love! To many, many more years with you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much baby for those beautiful words. You make it so easy to love you...
    Happy Anniversary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome honey! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia
I'm a stay at home mom to 2 beautiful girls, Lyla and Kalina. In this blog I just want to share with you my everyday, precious moments as a Mom. I also want to provide you with reviews and giveaways!