Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tilapia Dinner in less than 20 minutes!

MmMm... Gotta love a great Tilapia dinner! Gotta love a great Tilapia dinner even more when you can make it in less than 20 minutes!

We all have those days where time is not on our side and we wish the day had a 25th hour. There's something that everyone wonders about at least once a day and that is "What's for dinner"? Well, if you are pressed for time but yet want to make a delicious dinner, go with Tilapia! Even if you're not a seafood fan like me, this is great because Tilapia does not have that "fishy" taste. The prep. time is quick, the cooking time is quick and eating time I bet will be quick too ;o)

Here is my very own recipe for when I make Tilapia but ShHh don't tell John, he won't be happy that I'm giving away my secret...


Prep. Time- 5 minutes
Cooking Time- 7-10 minutes

Ingredients:

  • Fresh (frozen) Tilapia Fillets (I would recommend getting the large bag with the fillets that are individually packaged. It's a lot easier when you are only going to be making a few fillets so you do not have to defrost the whole bag because they're stuck together. It is no more than $10.)
  • Lemon Juice
  • Garlic Salt
  • Cocktail Sauce
  • Montreal Chicken Seasoning
  • Butter
Instructions:

In a large skillet, start melting the butter. Place the frozen Tilapia fillets in skillet with the melted butter. Add a cap full of lemon juice for each fillet that you are making. It is about 1/2 teaspoon. You can add more if you like your fish a little more tangy. Sprinkle the garlic salt to your liking over the fillets. Spread about a teaspoon of cocktail sauce on each fillet. Then sprinkle a little bit of the Montreal Chicken Seasoning over the fillet, just for extra flavor and little color! Cover the skillet and let the fillets simmer for about 7-10 minutes until they're ready.

I always make this with a side of rice and pour the leftover "gravy" that it makes over the Tilapia and rice. It's really yummy!

If you do try this, let me know how it turns out and how you liked it!

Enjoy!

-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia
I'm a stay at home mom to 2 beautiful girls, Lyla and Kalina. In this blog I just want to share with you my everyday, precious moments as a Mom. I also want to provide you with reviews and giveaways!