Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Do you believe in signs?


Ever have one of those days where you're just daydreaming about the future? You sit there and you play out all of the goals you want to have for yourself and your family. Some are more realistic than others, but it's ok to dream right? To be so cliche, I believe that you can do and achieve anything that you set your mind to.

I'm one of those people that once I set a goal that I believe in so much and I'm motivated enough to go after it until I achieve it, then it's going to happen. Guarantee. For example, I decided to go back to school and get a degree. I won't give up, as hectic as my life can get, until I have that degree in my hands. Even if I'm still going to school by the time I'm 30!!

Anyway, I think it's safe to say when some of us make a big decision or is about to, we always look for secure sign, even if it's a little something, just to assure us that what we're doing is right. I take signs as little reminders from God. He is telling me to go further with it. I'm always praying for a little sign just to let me know this is where I'm supposed to be headed. The whole school, I totally got a sign for it and it has been great ever since. Recently, the hubby and I have been talking about some things. Some big decisions to make. One that can make a BIG difference in our lives. It's always hard to make such a decision that can impact all of us because now we have 2 little ones to think about too. Before when it was just me and him, we didn't care, we took all the chances we could. But now I have more people to consider...

So yesterday, we were talking about our options and things like that, nothing too serious, very unsure about some things. Then, I get a call from the hubby to check my email. He had sent me a picture from his phone. Under the picture he wrote, "Don't know if this is a sign or not but this was left at my table." All I can say is that my jaw dropped and I immediately called him. That picture was a total sign of the EXACT "subject" that we were talking about. I mean it couldn't been more clear. It really freaked me out, in a good way. He even said that he thought that was God reminding him of what he needed to do today.

Now I know I'm leaving everyone in suspense but I don't want to go into details of anything. I don't want to "jinx" it. I don't like to tell people what we're thinking about doing until everything goes right and it's done. But I can say, that one picture made my day because it was definitely a sign from God almost giving us His support on our decision.

(Don't worry, we're not talking about having another baby! lol)

Is it silly to believe in signs or look out for one? Has it ever happened to you? I would love to hear your stories...

Stay tuned, maybe BIG things will be happening in the Dempster household!!

-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia
I'm a stay at home mom to 2 beautiful girls, Lyla and Kalina. In this blog I just want to share with you my everyday, precious moments as a Mom. I also want to provide you with reviews and giveaways!