Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Clothes Swap Party: Yay or Nay?

Ever heard of "One's girl's trash is another girl's treasure?"

We're all guilty in having clothes and other accessories in our closets that we haven't worn in months, some even years! There is always that one piece or pieces that you just can't bring yourself to get rid of. You always make an excuse such as, "Well, I was looking for that! or So what it's not in style any more, I can wear it around the house!" Let's be honest, we NEVER do!

I made a rule around here. If we haven't touched it, seen it, used it, missed it or worn it in a year, then we don't need it! This is where clutter comes from! Is your closet FULL but yet you stare at it for hours and still say, "I have nothing to wear!" ?? Well, then it's time for a change. This is exactly how I feel. I can't buy anything new because I have no room and I feel like my closet is full. But it's full of nothing I wear any more!! So another rule we have is, in order to buy a new one you get rid of an old one. This mainly applies to the hubby who has so many t-shirts, hoodies, and sneakers!! So if he sees one that he likes and wants, he can buy it as long as when we get home he donates an old one!

We've gotten rid of so much already. We donated bags FULL of clothes, shoes, and other accessories. But now that Fall/Winter is right around the corner, it's always a good time to go through your Spring/Summer stuff and get rid of it instead of storing it again for yet another season.

SOOO I'm thinking about having a Clothes Swap Party. I've heard about other people doing this and I thought, why not? It's a great way to get rid of something that one of your friends might like and instead of shopping and spend money, you swap! Not only will you feel good about putting your under utilized clothes and such to good use, but you will be recycling them as well! It's also a great way to hang out with your friends!

I would love to hear feedback on this and see if anyone has ever had one or been to one? Did you like or not? I know the goal is to have several people with different sizes. So what do you think?

Yay or Nay?

-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Philadelphia
I'm a stay at home mom to 2 beautiful girls, Lyla and Kalina. In this blog I just want to share with you my everyday, precious moments as a Mom. I also want to provide you with reviews and giveaways!